My throat is clear and open and my voice utters truthful words.
Also known as The Fifth Chakra, Vishuddha, Akasha, Dwyashtapatrabuja, Kantha, Kanthadesha, Kanthambhoja, Kanthambuja, Kanthapadma, Kanthapankaja, Nimala-Pedma, Shodasha, Shodasha-Dala,Shodasha-Patra, Shodashara, Shodasholilasa-Dala, Vishuddhi.
Vishuddha means “purification.”
Meaning of the Throat Chakra
“speaking” in a metaphysical sense.
“hearing” in a psychic sense.
Fundamentally to do with communication and self-expression.
Manages the health of the physical throat and the etheric areas it governs.
The psychic gift of clairaudience is governed by the throat chakra, which covers the ears and throat.
When open, you are able to receive communications from your psychic sources.
If you open your throat chakra when not in balance, you may open yourself to more than you want to hear.
If your chakra is blocked, you may find yourself frustrated and you may not be able to hear the guidance of your psychic sources.
Channeling and mediumship help expand your communication and understanding of other realms which help you connect with higher guidance.
The throat chakra is the centre of choice and consequence, of spiritual karma. Every choice you make, every thought and feeling you have, is an act of power that has biological, environmental, social, personal, and global consequence.
You are everywhere you thoughts are and thus are responsible for their energy contribution.
The throat chakra is strengthened and enhanced each time you express yourself in truth and with integrity.
The fifth chakra is associated with communication, telepathy, and creative expression and is associated with the vocal cords and the thyroid gland. This chakra is the communication center of your personality.
This is your voice center, your will center. Your inner truth is your sense of what is correct.
Life is about communication which is required for the expression of ideas and the exchange of information.
Your very body is dependent on communication between the cells. Working with the throat chara can help you be more attuned to your body and more responsible for regulating your well-being.
The throat chakra embodies the challenges of surrendering your own willpower and spirit to the will of your Creator. From a spiritual perspective, you highest goal is the full release of your personal will into the hands of your Source.
How you express yourself to others determines the health of this chakra. Unexpressed emotions constrict the energy center as does not speaking openly and honestly. Lies and half-truths energetically pollute the throat chakra. All choices you make in your life have consequences on an energetic level.
Lies violate both your body and your spirit.
Repressing your anger or displeasure by ignoring your feelings through evasive talk and silence, will manifest into throat imbalances.
Function of the Throat Chakra
The throat chakra is known as the purification centre. This is the place where you receive and assimilate information and send information. The challenge of this chakra is to express yourself in the most truthful manner.
It is associated with higher discrimination, creativity and self-expression.
When the throat chakra is closed, you undergo death and decay. When it is open, negative experiences are transformed into wisdom and learning.
The success and failure in your life, depends upon the state of this chakra.
The biggest reason this chakra may be closed is if you are harboring feelings of guilt. This will block the Kundalini Energy from moving upwards.
Spiritual Lesson of Throat Chakra
- Learning to take responsibility for your own needs.
- Confession, surrender of personal will over to divine will, faith, truthfulness over deceit.
- Trusting in divine authority to create the best effects.
Location of Throat Chakra
- In the neck region, near the spine.
Development Age of Throat Chakra
- 15 – 21 years
- Is about coming of age, taking charge of your life, seeking fulfillment by using your unique gifts and talents, by finding your voice and having the confidence and conviction to speak your truth, literally and metaphorically.
- It is about connecting to your higher purpose and interpreting what the Divine means to you.
Physical Aspects Governed by the Throat Chakra
- Throat, thyroid, trachea, neck vertebrae, mouth, teeth and gums, oesophagus, parathyroid, hypothalamus.
Information Stored in the Throat Chakra
- Self-knowledge, truth, attitudes, hearting, taste, smell.
Consciousness of the Throat Chakra
- This chakra is still ruled by your conscious mind determining how well you are able to use your intellectual mind.
- This chakra is not just about communicating your thoughts and feelings, but also your ability to listen and intellectualize.
- This consciousness interacts with the physical and spiritual worlds on many different levels.
- How you interact with your environment is greatly influenced by this chakra.
(The unconscious levels of consciousness are ruled by the root and sacral chakras; the subconscious levels are ruled by the solar plexus and heart chakras; and the conscious level—when you are awake—are ruled by the throat and third eye chakras).
When Your Throat Chakra Is Balanced
- You are able to express your thoughts and emotions easily.
- You don’t over-think what you are going to say.
- You can get you point across.
- You find it easy to be honest about things.
- You are not embarrassed by the truth.
- You use empathy and compassion.
- People regard you as a leader.
- People tend to want to listen to you—or read your books, or hear you sing, or view your art.
- You don’t repress emotions because you are not afraid of emotions.
- Creativity flows naturally from you.
- You are a natural writer, artist, inventor or public speaker.
- You use your intellect to solve problems.
- People come to you for advice because you are a good listener and have a sound and logical mind.
- When balanced, you are faithful and can express yourself and your ideas, have good communication skills, will power and honesty
When Your Throat Chakra Is Imbalanced
- You talk too much.
- You feel the need to talk excessively, gossip, and tell lies to get attention.
- Your awareness is lowered affecting all the other chakras.
- The negative energy you are sending out comes back and may injure your heart and solar plexus chakras.
- Or you may have low self-confidence and don’t speak your truth, express your emotions, or convey your ideas.
- You feel you don’t deserve expression.
- You have trouble vocalizing your thoughts.
- You may stutter.
- People misunderstand you because you fail to communicate effectively.
- You make things more complicated or intellectualize your emotions.
- You feel ostracized by society.
- People think you are strange because they are not able to understand who you really are.
Overly Developed Throat Chakra
- Excessive talking, inability to listen.
Under Developed Throat Chakra
- Fear of speaking.
- Fear of expressing emotions.
- Poor rhythm.
- Blocked creativity.
Causes of an Unbalanced Throat Chakra
- Can be caused by a weak solar plexus chakra because of a childhood in which you had to express your natural expression through the expectations of your family.
- Family dynamics in which some sort of dysfunction, like Dad’s alcoholism and Mom’s passive aggressiveness, was to be ignored.
- Your self-expression was frowned upon. They thought you were strange.
- Imbalances are caused by being unfaithful to yourself or others.
- You feel like you are not being heart.
- Or you are unable to express your ideas and who you are.
- Feelings of being afraid to talk about things to yourself or others.
- Lack of willpower and communicating lies.
- Lack of authority.
When balanced, you are faithful and can express yourself and your ideas, have good communication skills, will power and honesty.
How Problems in the Throat Chakra Show Up
If you are having trouble expressing yourself or really listening to what you are being told, means the throat chakra is imbalanced.
- An imbalance will first manifest as a tingle, ache or sensitivity in your throat region. (From the base of the neck to the ears)
- Small tingles and aches can be a sign that something needs to be addressed. As soon as the emotional issue has been resolved, the ache will go away.
- Can manifest quickly as an unexpected cough.
- Can show up as a lump in your throat.
- Having trouble swallowing is another way.
- Can manifest around the throat, mouth, neck and can include toothache, sore tongue, sensitive gums, tonsils, sore throats, and a tickly cough.
- Sore throat
- Loss of voice
- Mouth ulcers
- Ear infections
- Thyroid problems—either over active or under active
- Anorexia nervosa
- Hearing problems, tinnitus
- Problems of the upper digestive tract
- 12 Hz
- Venus, spins much faster than the lower 4 chakras.
- Shri Radha Krishna, Shri Vishnumaya, Shri Yoshoda, Mercury, Apollo, Sadasiva, Sakini
- “eye” and in the word my.
- The Silent Child
- This archetype holds onto its feelings and does not reveal that it is hurt, in pain or angry.
- Stays closes in order not to reveal its intense pain and sorrow.
- Learns to feel safe in silence or comedy to hide its true feelings.
- May dampen its feelings with drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or food.
- The silent child will have to struggle to make itself heard and to feel that what it says counts.
- The Communicator
- Anyone whose job or personal well-being is dependent on clear and direct communication including artists, musicians, and dancers.
- Takes responsibility for what it says and how it says it.
- It speaks both its mind and heart.
- Sky Blue
- Creativity. The inner state is a synthesis of ideas into symbols.
- Archangel Michael…for faith.
- Respiratory system, thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Upper lungs
- Throat, voice, jaw, neck, shoulders, ears, metabolism, nose, mouth, teeth
Malfunction of the Throat Chakra
- Sore throat, swollen glands, colds, thyroid problems.
- Experience through expression of truth.
Metaphysical Causes of Disease
- Being fearful of developing your own personality.
- Fear of being rejected.
- Turquoise, Celestite, Blue Lace Agate, Chrysocolla, Aquamarine, Sapphire.
- Iron, tin.
- *The root chakra (earth) dissolves into water, sacral chakra (sexual) which in turn evaporates from fire, solar plexis. The fire enters the heart chakra and remains there as the essence of form and vision. The air of the heart chakra enters the throat chakra and becomes pure sound. The throat chakra embodies the essence of all the five elements so far, hence the term “ether.”
Herbs and Incense
- Frankincense, Benzoin, Chamomile, Myrrh.
When Your Throat Chakra Is Balanced
- You are able to express your thoughts and emotions with ease
Questions to help you Determine if your Throat Chakra is Blocked or Imbalanced
- Do you keep things to yourself?
- Do you ever feel that you are unable to express yourself while speaking to others?
- Are you having trouble doing something that you want to do?
- Do you have trouble expressing your deepest thoughts and feelings?
- Do you find it difficult to reflect upon your feelings?
- Do you have an unconscious, and not so unconscious, feeling of guilt?
- Is your voice loud but your words shallow?
- Do you feel that your opinions don’t matter?
- Are you afraid of the truth?
- Do you have difficulty speaking your mind?
- Do you experience pain in your arms?
- Do you worry about what others think of you?
- Do you try to appear strong which places yourself under a lot of pressure? You don’t want to appear weak, right?
- Do you have trouble sharing things that come from your creativity? Like, you don’t want people to read your story or see your painting.
- Are you shy and quiet… withdrawn?
- Do you feel uncertain?
- Are you out of touch with your soul?
- Do your insecurities dominate your life?
- Are you listless, tired, out of sorts, depressed, have a negative attitude, fear, and doubt?
- Do you hold back, feel timid or weak?
- Are you very traditional or conservative and are more concerned with the past than the future?
- Are you excessively committed to others at your expense of your own destiny?
- Do you have a strong unwillingness to change?
- Are you self-centered?
- Do you think of yourself as a martyr, giving begrudgingly, or resentfully?
- Are you always trying to take control?
- Do you see the world as a hostile place?
- Do you sit on the fence?
- Do you fear that if you spoke the truth about how you really feel, that you would not be accepted?
DOWNLOAD “The Throat Chakra” and begin your cleanse.
THROAT CHAKRA METIDATION TO BE USED WITH BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT
- Find a quiet, comfortable room where you will not be disturbed.
- Sit in a chair, back straight. Put on a pair of headphones, and start the brainwave entrainment recording for the Throat Chakra.
- Close your eyes and begin breathing deeply through your nose. Feel yourself relaxing.
- After a few minutes, bring your energy up through the root chakra, then the sacral chakra, then the solar plexus chakra, then the heart chakra, and then focus on the throat chakra—at your throat.
- Breathe into your throat area.
- Feel the energy grow with each breath.
- You should start feeling a heat in that area.
- Visualize a ball of sky blue energy.
- Visualize it, feel it, getting stronger and brighter and warmer.
- Feel your consciousness as a ball of energy coming down your spine from the top of your head to your throat.
- You may feel a tingling in your throat area now.
- When the throat chakra is opened, clairaudience or the ability to hear the unheard may manifest.
- What are your impressions?
- You may receive some guidance at this point.
- Don’t try to interact, just listen.
- Time will pass quickly now, and before you know it, the recording will be over.
- At the end of the brainwave entrainment session, release your blue ball of energy and your consciousness ball of energy into the collective unconsciousness.
- Drink a glass of water to clear any physical debris released during the clearing.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks, and then when you feel like your voice is being stifled.