Also known as Svadhisthana, Adhishthana, Bhima, Shatpatra, Skaddala Padma, Swadhishthana, Wari Chakra, Medhra, Genital, Reproductive, Orange, Sex, or Second Chakra.
Through the second chakra, we experience the deep feelings associated with our manifestation in our physical world. This is the place where man experiences his intrinsic masculinity and a woman her intrinsic femininity. The sacral chakra embodies our magical sensual nature that is full of wonder and excitement, seeing life in everything else and participates in the ongoing ecstasy of creation.
This is the chakra of emotion, sexuality, pleasure, intuition, creativity, friendliness, and nurture. All of these things are fluid and ever-changing. The constant change is at once the source of pleasure and the source of pain.
And we fear change.
The sacral chakra teaches us that without change, there can be no pleasure. Through change, we create and discover difference. Difference in extreme creates polarities. Polarities create attraction and movement.
Movement is characteristic and essential to life.
A person well centered in this chakra is a person with a healthy body awareness and high self love and esteem. The person will express his/her individuality living creatively. He/she will have a healthy regard and relationship with his or her sexuality and its expression. This person will be deeply in touch with all aspects of joy.
With this healthy perspective, one will use this positive energy to deal with all emotions, desires and the ability to create the world they want. This is where manifestation starts.
This is the seat of our inner child.
If we are unable to use our original energy and convince our inner child that our desire is worth while, we will be unable to manifest our desires.
This is where we must believe we are worthy.
WHAT THE SACRAL CHAKRA REPRESENTS
- Emotional center of our personality.
- Holds and governs feelings around intimate relationships, including sexuality.
- Realm of “boundary issues”.
- How we connect to people.
- How we choose relationships and what they mean to us.
- This is a place where we give and receive, how we respond to others and what motivates us in our lives.
- Reproduction and self-indulgence.
- Source of inspiration.
- Pleasure, sexuality, procreation, creativity, emotions, desire, self-gratification, relationships, intimacy, sharing, sensations, appetite, movement, imagination, the unconscious, friendliness, intuition.
- “I feel and I want.”
- Allows us to live consciously “in the now.”
IF THE SACRAL CHAKRA IS MALFUNCTIONING
Open Too Much
- doesn’t like to be touched.
- overly emotional, poor boundaries, sex addiction, obsessive attachments.
- emotionally explosive, over-ambitious, manipulative, caught up in illusions, over-indulgent.
- sees people as sex objects
Not Open Enough
- frigidity, impotence, rigidity, emotional numbness, fear of pleasure.
- shy, timid, immobilized by fear, overly sensitive, self-negating, burdened by guilt, sexual energy-clinging, guilty about having sex, abused.
WHERE THE SACRAL CHAKRA IS LOCATED
- Midway between the pubis and the navel, two inches below navel in the sacrum.
INFORMATION STORED IN SACRAL CHAKRA
- Duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings like joy, anger, and fear.
WHEN THE SACRAL CHAKRA IS DEVELOPED
- Between the ages of 3 – 7, when the conscience emerges; it is the realm of boundary issues. Blockage in this area can lead to feelings of guilt and fear around sexual feelings and relationships later in life, preventing the free flow of love to and from another person. “You can’t get close to me.” “I don’t trust relationships.”
- Associated with the unconscious and with emotion.
- Assumed patterns and paths that the mind takes arrive here in the unconscious realm of creativity.
- This is where our karma is grounded in memory.
- Many of our fears reside here.
- Unblocking this chakra allows our fears to be released.
- A balanced sacral chakra brings a balanced mind with no fear.
- Closely related to the root chakra.
- Potential karmas lie dormant and in the root. The sacral is where these karmas find expression.
- Associated with the element water, the sense of taste, and the action of reproduction.
- Contains unconscious desires, especially sexual desire and is said that raising the kundalini energy of consciousness through this area is extremely difficult because of this reason.
- Through meditation, with brainwave entrainment, occult powers are said to be obtained.
- Six petals, white lotus flower inside a crescent moon.
- Related to the moon—changing cycles, pulls on the tides of the earth creating subtle changes on earth’s residents.
- Dark, mysterious and full of emotion.
- Self-confidence and well-being.
- Archangel Chamuel (relationships), angels of birth, and Archangel Gabriel.
- Ovaries, gonads, testicles.
- Reproductive organs, kidneys, bladder, circulation system.
- Large intestine, genitals, lower back, hips, uterus, lower digestive organs, prostate, urinary tract, lower back.
- Impotence, frigidity, uterine, bladder or kidney trouble, constipation, muscle cramps, lack of energy, allergies, repression and inhibition, loss of weight, lower back pain, sciatica, ob/gyn problems, pelvis pain, libido, urinary problems.
- Formation of view of self.
- Experience within the emotional world.
- Awakening on an emotional level.
- Carnelian, Orange Calcite, Sunstone, Red Tiger’s Eye.
- Aquatic animals, sea creatures, fish, crocodile.
HERBS AND INCENSE
- Orris root, Gardenia, Rose, Sandalwood.
- Indian Paint Brush, Lady Slipper, Hibiscus
- Equality, the balance between independence and dependence.
- The power of choice.
- Intimate connection with others and sense of unity.
- Loss of control.
- Losing power of the physical body.
- Being controlled by another person.
- Withheld intimacy and emotional isolation.
- The Martyr: takes greater responsibility than the victim archetype, but not enough to be empowered.
- Sacrifices and suffers for the sake of others.
- Often experiences anger, resentment and guilt.
- Feels it deserves its self-imposed suffering.
- Unable to shift negative attitudes and change life patterns.
- Gives up claim to happiness to maintain peace, stability, and balance for others.
- The Empress/Emperor: deeply rooted in the physical world, exhibits pride in its achievements, is capable, creative, resourceful, friendly, humorous and sociable.
- Represents: personal development.
- Will reach a higher level of personal growth if we delve into the spiritual world and emotional experiences.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself. Depending on what you answer, you may or may not be blocked or imbalanced in the sacral chakra.
- Do you experience lower back pain?
- Do you have trouble with touch—either someone touching you or you touching someone?
- Do you have problems with your kidneys, bladder, or with retaining fluid?
- Did you suffer distress or trauma between the ages of 3 – 5 and 8 when conscience emerges?
- Do you have difficulties with any part of your sexuality?
- Are you emotionally stable or do your emotions go from one extreme to another?
- Do you try and hide or control your feelings?
- Is your inner child still alive?
- Can you think outside of the box?
- Is your creativity restricted?
- Are your sexual relationships mutual and respectful, no limitations such as frigidity or impotence?
- Do you feel disconnected from reality and have a hard time living in the moment?
- Is nothing easy in your life?
- Does it make you angry to be a victim?
SACRAL CHAKRA MEDITATION TO BE USED WITH BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT
- Find a quiet, comfortable room where you will not be disturbed.
- Sit in a chair, back straight. Put on a pair of headphones, and start the brainwave entrainment recording.
- Close your eyes and begin breathing deeply through your nose. Feel yourself relaxing.
- After a few minutes, focus on the sacral chakra right above your sexual organs.
- Breathe into your sexual organs.
- Feel the energy grow with each breath.
- You’ll start feeling a heat.
- Visualize a ball of orange energy.
- Visualize it getting stronger and brighter.
- Feel your consciousness as a ball of energy coming down your spine into the sacral area joining the orange energy.
- You may feel spontaneous bursts of energy running up and down your spine or through your body.
- Soon after, you should experience some vivid images.
- They may be sexual at first. Don’t get attached, let them pass, and soon the pictures will be replaced with the creative process.
- At the end of the brainwave entrainment session, release the ball of energy into the collective unconscious.
download SACRAL CHAKRA
Next week: Part 2 of The Sacral Chakra—Why You May Have A Low Sex Drive